Friday, October 15, 2010

For Better For Worse!

Finally back for another post! I can honestly say that my pain hasn't been good at all as of late. I've been dealing with all kinds of flares ups, and it's been really hard to tell from one day to the next what I'm going to be like. Thanksgiving was good however I was dealing with a lot of pain. There have also been a lot of extra stresses that have added to the pain. However I refuse to let this knock me down. It hasn't only been the physical pain as of late that has been an issue, mentally I've been struggling as well. When the two collide it makes it really difficult to function the way that you would like to.

What do I do when things get like this? Find a way to overcome! There is most definitely an inner strength that has had to rise up this week, to keep me focused on not allowing the pain to dominate. I've had to rely on God to give me that strength. You see at the moment we are also trying to deal with a health issue that my wife has. As a result it has added alot of extra stress within our lives. It always amazes me however that even though there is all this extra stress, how God takes that stress and carries it on His shoulders. So even though life is crazy right now I know that He will help us manage things and keep my pain controlled.

This is really important because it helps me in just being a supportive husband for my wife. If you're married and you suffer from CRPS, then you know what I mean when I say that there is seldom any time for your spouse to do the things they want to do. There is even less time for them to be sick in any way. When one of you is sick then the weight of the relationship falls on the other person's shoulders. This leaves no time for that person to get sick, or take time for themselves because so much falls upon them. It becomes a real balancing act because her needs are just as important. My wife does this amazing job looking after me and helping me, so I will do the same for her. What she gives me I'll give back to her! Some of those responsibilities need to fall on me wherever possible to create that time for her. I need to be there for her like she is for me. So together you find a way to make it happen. More importantly though I need to put her needs at the top of my list.

What I'm trying to say is that as you deal with things in regards to your CRPS don't forget that there are things that your spouse or other half is dealing with at the same time. You need to be sensitive to that and try to understand what they are going through at the same time. Do I do a good job with this? Not always because you get caught up in dealing with your pain. This is where I could do better! At the moment is one of those times where she needs me to be there for her. I want her to know that I understand what she needs from me, and I'm going to do my best to be the husband that she needs.

It's going to take the two of us to get through the various storms that each of us face. When one of us falls down the other will be there to pick them up. It's about being solid and standing together and facing adversity. Staring it in the face not backing down when times start to get tough. Doesn't it kind of sound like the day that you stood up and said your wedding vows. Stop for a minute and think about that! We will stand by those vows and take on anything that comes our way together. I love you babe! 

2 comments:

  1. I love you too. Thanks for for being my rock. Together and with the help of Jesus, we will get through this.


    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your condition. I'm healing from a 3 level cervical disc fusion so I can sympathize with you. It takes 2 years to recover. Hope you are able to recover from this disease.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter