Sunday, February 14, 2010

Encourage Me Coach!!!

Well I just finished watching the Olympics and watched our country win GOLD!!! Talk about doing it in dramatic fashion, right down to the last skier!!! It doesn't get any better than that and what a feeling of emotions that comes up from within when you watch something like that. It's a proud moment to be a Canadian! As I sat watching the event I started thinking about what these athletes put into thier sports. These athletes train for a lifetime to get to this level. It wasn't only that, but look at the strength and determination that they have, or listen to some of the stories about overcoming adversity.

Today I'm not really posting a message on any message, so to speak but am posting one of encouragement. As I watched I started to think about how we choose to battle CRPS. I started to think that in order to become healthy again, we have to have that same type of strength and determination to overcome all of our obstacles. Do you have that strength and determination that it takes to rise above all of the adversity that you face?

Each of us has a different way that we face those challenges that are put in front of us. As I've mentioned before I find my strength and determination from God and without Him nothing would be possible. On a daily basis I ask God to give me the faith that I need to get through each day and overcome each and every obstacle as I meet it, until the day comes that I am healed. My faith which is given from God is what gives me the determination to overcome all adversities.

Sure we are going to hit all kinds of bumps in the road as we try to reach our goal but you can't give up. You have to listen to the coach and learn from what he says. In my case my coach is God!

When these athletes finally do win a gold medal you hear them always saying that it was the "determination", and "overcoming adversity" that got them the end result. Its been four years that I've been building on my faith and I feel more determined than ever to achieve my goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter