Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Girls!

Well here I am today trying to write another post however I don't have a lot to say. I'm tired and it's been one of those days!! I began my day today watching my youngest daughter Katelyn throw up breakfast. Of course this happens just as my wife is walking out the door to take my other daughter to school. So as if it's not bad enough that she's sick, about 20 min later my wife is walking in the door with child number two who threw up in the car. So the stomach flu is alive and well in my house by the looks of it. Just another wild and crazy day around our house.

Spring is finally starting to show signs in our parts and the snow is starting to melt. It kind of nice to only have five months of winter around here instead of six so that the kids can finally start getting outside. You can only spend so much time inside before the cabin fever starts setting in. Before long they'll be heading outside every day to play, yell, and scream for the neighbours. I'm counting the days before peace and quite enters my house.

I can't believe how quickly this year is going. Kate my 3yr old is now pretty much potty trained and ready to start preschool next week one day a week. Emily my oldest is almost done kindergarten and will be going into grade one next year. I just can't believe how quickly the time really is going. It seems like just yesterday that we brought them home. For those of you that don't already know we adopted Emily our 6 yr old from China and Katelyn our 3yr old from Ethiopia. I really am trying to soak up the memories, because it really does go as fast as people says it does!!

I might sound like I get really frustrated with them, but the truth is I can't get enough of them. They might drive me crazy at times but it only makes me love them all the more. Kate already has her first crush on a boy at our church named Keltin. She's 3!!!! I knew that it started early!! but 3!!! Emily is this young girl now. Just yesterday she was this little girl that was scared to leave us. Overnight she's turned into this intelligent young girl going on 18. She keeps asking us every now and then for a husband.

Think about it the next time you complain or moan about your kids. Consider the short time that you get with them as kids. There isn't a day that goes by that they don't do something to drive me crazy or get me upset. Is this something unusual? No! Kids will be kids! Love them for who they are and not what they do.

1 comment:

  1. That's an abnormal normality, my friend. Even my own 2 kids (2 daughters) now grown-ups can still drive me crazy. I realize I am already being weaned by them from my eagle-eyed supervision. For you, I hope and pray that you will soon get out from your temporary helplessness. You are a great fighter and God is watching over you and your family. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter